Anita Sarkeesian vs. Humanity - Page 3 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Videos about news and current events.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

Igor Antunov wrote:This is the extent and consistency of their 'activism' in the developed world, alongside campus witch hunts.

Jessica Valenti is one writer, her mild hypocrisy is her personal issue. As for campus "witch hunts", sadly there is a really poor understanding of consent by 18-21 year olds. Brock Turner's disgustingly lenient sentence shows why women just don't report it. Thankfully there are educators out there that are passionate about these issues and are helping young people understand that "yes means yes".

Igor Antunov wrote:Which is sad given how many women actually need help elsewhere.

This is where the intersectional brand of feminism has made huge strides. What right does a white Western feminist have telling women of colour abroad how to live their lives? We need to stop sticking our nose where it doesn't belong and causing setbacks for the feminist reformers within these countries to engineer cultural change. The change is slow but it is lasting.

Western intervention in the Middle East has turned the place into an Islamist shithole. Egypt, Iran and even Afghanistan used to be secular nations long before Americans sponsored their dictators. Everything the West has tried in the Middle East has backfired spectacularly, so who is the real regressive force? Those who wish to let those citizens reform themselves? Those who intervene?

Igor Antunov wrote:Yet these same 3rd wavers PROTECT actual rape cultures to the detriment of those women that still require suffrage/emancipation.

Sadly, you are blind to the fact that the West is still a rape culture that punishes and blames the victims of rape and is lenient to rapists.
What right does a white Western feminist have telling women of colour abroad how to live their lives?

Migrant men in Germany are neither women nor abroad, and what does their skin colour have to do with any of this?

Also women anywhere have every right to promote the education of afghan girls for example, wherever they are from, because such backward regimes should not be allowed to exist anywhere on the planet. This is not culture it is trash to be disposed of from the face of the earth.
Igor Antunov wrote:Migrants in Germany are no longer abroad, and what does their colour have to dow ith any of this?

The tragic events in Cologne are rightly condemned and the perpetrators should be punished. However, the worst 0.1% get 99% of the coverage so these rapists are not representative of the migrants as a whole despite what we would like to believe about them. They are a convenient "other".

Igor Antunov wrote:Also they have every right to promote the education of afghan girls for example, wherever they are from, because such backward regimes as the Taliban should not be allowed to exist anywhere on the planet.

Do you not see the irony of white people promoting education when the same white people in the form of Soviets and Coalition forces have torn their country to pieces. Is it any wonder that progress is painfully slow? Afghan feminist need to make the strides themselves to cause change that will last. Intervention is poison to the cause.
Syph wrote:Most feminists want this. The reality of the situation is that employers will always hire a man over a woman because of the pregnancy factor despite equal qualification

I do not agree with "always". This is exactly why I don't like feminists. They overreact! That is why I can not take them for real.

Syph wrote:To correct this situation, incentives for companies to hire female staff are acceptable.

I am against. We do have this here in Belgium as well. They even talk about obligating fixed percents: n% should be a woman and n% should be black and another n% should be someone with a handicap ...

NO! The person with the best profile gets the job. That is the only correct way.

As a women (white, black or yellow) or as man (black or yellow) with or without a handicap, you just don't know why you have the job. Is it because you have the right profile, or is it because the company has to fulfill some damn regulations. If you ask me, not good for someone's ego.
James Sonny Crockett wrote:I do not agree with "always". This is exactly why I don't like feminists. They overreact! That is why I can not take them for real.

If you are making a cold calculated decision to employ someone, then women in the mid-twenties to thirties are high risk of pregnancy and reducing profits. Businesses can't be trusted to play fair in the same way they can't be trusted to protect the environment. Profit is as blind as justice.

James Sonny Crockett wrote:NO! The person with the best profile gets the job. That is the only correct way.

I agree, but subconscious racial and gender biases have to be accounted for. If you get two equal job applicants, the job should be given to the people disadvantaged by these biases.

Please note I'm not saying that a black 6/10 applicant should be employed over a white 9/10 applicant. If the top applicants happen to be white and male then there should be no penalty for employing them. Although, these unconscious biases can affect the rating of applicant against a job profile just as it affects exam marks.

I don't care who I have to fight. White people wh[…]

America gives disproportionate power to 20% of th[…]

World War II Day by Day

Yes, we can thank this period in Britain--and Orw[…]

This is a story about a woman who was denied adequ[…]