Cappadocia - Turkey - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Videos about news and current events.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

By The Sabbaticus
'Documentary' (more like a visual tour) on the historical background of the subterranean networks in Cappadocia, complete with awkward American host, Turkish beard-fellows not getting a word in and an obligatory mention of 'aliens'.

[youtube]RmTg2_ZCW9s[/youtube]

Some tourist showing her experiences:

[youtube]_omjCsgr0Kk[/youtube]

And the big question is: would you go to Cappadocia with the current civil war going on in Turkey? Hurriyet claims that Istanbul is pretty much empty now-a-days thanks to the suicide bombings of ISIS/Kurdish separatists.
By noemon
I am going to Cappadokia this summer hopefully, my grandfather never fails to remind me that our roots are from there and not from Smyrne which is where his family ended up before fleeing to Greece, however Greeks being regional they tend to associate themselves with the fathers place of birth, so my mother associates herself with Smyrne, while my grandfather with Cappadocia. My grandfather's family "stole" the remains of St John the Russian and various other artefacts and then had them interred in Euboea.
Last edited by noemon on 20 Mar 2016 16:28, edited 1 time in total.
In the first video you can see a number of underground Christian churches and of course the faces of Christian saints (in murals) desecrated by Muslim iconoclasts.

Also, in the second vid you can hear the azaan noise pollution in the early morning.

Anyway, so you're not alarmed by what is happening in Turkey?

The October 7 attack may constitute an act of att[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

will putin´s closest buddy Gennady Timchenko be […]

https://youtu.be/URGhMw1u7MM?si=YzcCHXcH9e-US9mv […]

Xi Jinping: "vladimir, bend down even lower, […]